- For the classification of Pirates, see Category:Pirates.
When the player reaches Level 10 as a Beginner, aspiring Pirates (excluding Cannoneer) will be sent to the Navigation Room in the Nautilus to talk to Kyrin, who will advance the player to a Pirate. The player will be given an HP and MP boost, as well as a basic pirate weapon. Cannoneer, unlike the other two, is created separately with a separate tutorial.
Three types of Explorer Pirates exist: Buccaneer, Corsair, and the Special Explorer Cannoneer. Buccaneer wields a Knuckle and can deliver hypersonic kicks and punches to foes. Corsair wields a Gun and can fire high-density energy bullets at enemies. Cannoneer uses a Hand Cannon to fire explosive cannonballs at enemies.
The Open Advancement system was introduced during Part 1 of the RED update. It allows Explorers to switch jobs in their class by paying a certain amount of mesos, which increases based on your character's level as well as the number of times you have previously used the Open Advancement system; as an alternative, players can use Job Advancement Coins (obtained via special events), which will take priority over the meso cost.
Features and Rules
- Players must be an Explorer, at least level 101 and have made the 4th job advancement.
- One can only change jobs once a day.
- One can only change jobs in their specific class (e.g. a Cannoneer can switch to a Buccaneer or a Corsair, but a Cannoneer cannot switch to a Bowmaster).
- All Skill Points are reset upon switching.
- Mastery Books used before switching will be reset.
- Ability Points will switch when a job uses a different stat (e.g. Buccaneer, whose primary stat is Strength, will switch to Dexterity upon changing to a Corsair). Likewise, the skill Pirate Blessing can be used to swap the STR and DEX values of your equipment.
- Arcane Symbols will also automatically switch to the main stat of your new class.
- V Skills (Skill Nodes and Boost Nodes specific to that class) will be locked and unable to be used, but they will not be removed.
- After switching classes, a Level 100 weapon box for that class is received.
|Characters and Skills|
|Job and Skills (Click on icon for skills)|
Beginner Link Skills
|Child of God|
- Confirmed by the GMS Community Manager.
- Also provides the voice(s) of Xenon (Male) and Rondo.
- Also provides the voice(s) of Angelic Buster, Cygnus, Sanaan, Hilla, Ain, Juli, Freya, Bowman (Female), Pathfinder (Female), and Cannoneer (Female).
- Also provides the voice(s) of Freud, Mercedes (Male), Bowman (Male), Pathfinder (Male), Cannoneer (Male), Rondo, and Nicky / T-Boy.
- Also provides the voice(s) of Ephenia, Arin, Mercenary (Female), Wandering Warrior (Female), Eleanor, Warrior (Female), Bowman (Female), Cannoneer (Female), and Sugar.