Pink Bean is a unspecified Transcendent from Bean World. He is a overall pink creature, with a white belly, and purple horns and a purple tail. Being a Transcendent, he has many powers. In Maple World, while Kirston was trying to summon the Black Mage, something went wrong and he instead summoned Pink Bean.
In the Zero storyline, Pink Bean is said to be a past Transcendent, existing before the Goddess Rhinne. This explains why Kirston summoned it instead of freeing the Black Mage in the fight; the Mage himself is a Transcendent. While Kirston did not summon the right Transcendent, he did summon one.
At the time Pink Bean was introduced, Pink Bean was the deadliest boss in MapleStory, but is now much less deadly in comparison to other, newer bosses.
After Kirston summons Pink Bean and disappears, the player must fight a total of five statues: Solomon the Wise, Rex the Wise, Hugin, Munin, and Ariel. Each phase will start with you fighting the statues you just defeated, as well as a new statue joining the battle. The phases are as follows:
- Phase 1: Solomon the Wise
- Phase 2: Solomon the Wise, Rex the Wise
- Phase 3: Solomon the Wise, Rex the Wise, Hugin
- Phase 4: Solomon the Wise, Rex the Wise, Hugin, Munin
- Phase 5: Solomon the Wise, Rex the Wise, Hugin, Munin, Ariel
- Phase 6: Pink Bean
Once the five statues have been bested, Pink Bean will step down from his throne and fight. Hugin can cast Damage Reflect that can reflect up to 30,000 damage if any of the players cross the yellow Orb beneath Solomon.
Pink Bean can summon swarms of Mini Beans. The boss has a total of 8 different skills and 4 different attacks. One of his attacks is a 1/1 attack that looks similar to Genesis. It will never kill the player, but it can be very deadly if there are swarms of Mini Beans nearby. For another attack, Pink Bean will pull out a megaphone and shout into it, causing music notes to rain from the sky. These deal a lot of damage and also stun the player. His third attack is a knockback attack. He will jump a bit into the air and a bright flash of light will give the player a super knockback. Once at 90% HP, Pink Bean will start casting Damage Reflect. His Damage Reflect has a duration of 25 seconds and a cooldown of 43 seconds, leaving players 18 seconds to attack freely before he may cast it again. His Damage Reflect can also reflect up to 30,000 damage. Upon defeat, Pink Bean cries before hopping through a portal. Players are given a total of 30 minutes to defeat Pink Bean. When times runs out, all players will be booted from the battle. Players have individual death counts of 5. After all 5 deaths are used up, the player will stay dead until either (Chaos) Pink Bean is defeated or until all remaining players use up their 5 deaths. Chaos Pink Bean will have a total of 14 bodies.
Pink Bean (regardless of difficulty) will award 12,740,000 EXP (127,400,000 EXP in GMS), and will also give all party members the Pink Bean Demolisher buff, which boosts mapler's Attack Power and Magic Attack by 35, and increasing DEF by 500 for an hour.
Battle Overview (KMS)
As of KMS 1.2.311, the battle has been shortened; the statues will all appear at once, and will not revive. For Pink Bean's Damage Reflect, the duration has been reduced and the cooldown has been increased. In Chaos mode, Pink Bean will only have 3 bodies instead of 14.
Temple of Time
Mirror World Quest
- There are many equips, both regular and Cash, based on Pink Bean. There is also a Pink Bean pet in the Cash Shop.
- Pink Bean also has a rival in his own world: the Black Bean, who sometimes lures Pink Bean into Maple World (and makes him a temporary playable character )
- Fighting Pink Bean is the final stage of a very long quest line that altogether require the player to kill at least three-thousand monsters first, three of them bosses.
- Pink Bean is often seen eating Meat, suggesting he is carnivorous. Other things he does while waiting for the players to defeat the statues include sipping lemonade, playing an electric guitar, cooling himself with a motorized fan, and simply lying back and dozing
- Pink Bean is often seen hearing music through his headphones. According to Murgoth's soul collector, his favorite song is by Angelic Buster.
- In Chaos mode, the background turns from being a sunset/twilight scenery to a stormy, dark background. This is also seen in the battle against Chaos Horntail and pre-revamped Chaos Zakum. This is probably because the Black Mage corrupted them, making them stronger and more menacing.
- In Chaos mode, the bean itself has the 3rd highest PDR% for a boss, standing at 180%, third only to Dorothy (at 250%) , Chaos Vellum, Chaos Papulatus and the end-game bosses (at 300%)