Ever since the arise of the Black Mage, the world has been thrown into greater chaos, thus Maplers must rise to become stronger through three different sequences.
Part 1 : Age of Heroes
- All classes were revamped.
Part 2 : Age of Artisans
This patch introduces Professions. Only the following combinations are possible:
Part 3 : Age of Battle
This patch introduces a PvP system which players can battle against each other. PvP consists of 3 (or 4 in some versions) modes:
- Free for All: A mode where every player has to fend for themselves and defeat as many other players as possible.
- Team Match: A mode where up to 10 players could participate, and be split into 2 teams. The team with the most points would win.
- Ice Knight: A mode where up to 10 players could participate. One random player will be transformed into the Ice Knight, while the other 9 players would be tasked with defeating the Ice Knight within 7 minutes; the winner would be determined based on whether or not the Ice Knight is defeated.
- Capture the Flag: A GMS-original mode where up to 6 players could participate, and be split into Red and Blue teams. Each team will have a flag, and be able to steal the flag of the opposite team; the team to steal 3 flags first will win.
Each mode would grant Battle Points, which could be exchanged for Gallant Emblems, a material needed to craft various special equipment.
This update also releases a new set of equipments, a new area, and a new boss, for Maplers over Level 160. However, the boss expedition is only for Maplers over Level 170.
Part 1 : Monster Familiar
This first part of the update contains Familiars, a new function enabling Maplers to summon monsters which can help attack other monsters, Soul Weapons, a weapon allowing Maplers to summon Bosses, Gate to the Future, and skill changes.
Part 2 : Way of the Artisans
- Professions were added, with exclusive Tamer and Huntsman.
This part introduces Professions which is also featured in Chaos, but with Accessory Crafting and Smithing combined into one, and the release of two new, JapanMS exclusive professions: Tamer and Huntsman.
- In KMS, the director of that time was Hanbyeol Oh (오한별, O Han-byeol) (2010 ~ 2011?).
- The patch names for MapleSEA used the fan translation of the Korean names, which are Return of the Heroes, Technological Age and Super Fight.
Big Bang (July) Chaos (December)
Mark of Honor (July)
Mainly based on Korean MapleStory timeline and title