- For the classification of Magicians, see Category:Magicians.
Explorer Magician is one of the five class archetype job introduced to MapleStory. Explorer Magicians make use of unrivaled magical power to attack foes from a variety of ranges, usually in the interest of backing up comrades and keeping foes from all directions at a safe distance.
When the player reaches Level 10 as a Beginner, aspiring Magicians will be sent to the Magic Library in Ellinia to talk to Grendel the Really Old, who will advance the player to a Magician. The player will be given an HP and MP boost, as well as a basic magician weapon.
Upon reaching Level 30, Magicians will be given the choice to advance to a Wizard (Fire, Poison) (eventually becoming Arch Mages (Fire, Poison)), Wizard (Ice, Lightning) (eventually becoming Arch Mages (Ice, Lightning)), or Cleric (eventually becoming Bishops).
A Magician (Fire, Poison) combines the elements of Fire and Poison to apply DoT (damage over time) to their enemies, while gaining additional damage as they maintain multiple sources of DoT.
A Magician (Ice, Lightning) combines the elements of Ice to freeze / slow down enemies and Lightning to shock enemies.
A Bishop uses Holy elemental attacks to heal allies while also specializing in party support, granting various damage and utility boosts to allies.
|Job Advancement Tree|
|Novice||1st Job||2nd Job||3rd Job||4th Job & above|
The Open Advancement system was introduced during Part 1 of the RED update. It allows Explorers to switch jobs in their class by paying a certain amount of mesos, which increases based on your character's level as well as the number of times you have previously used the Open Advancement system; as an alternative, players can use Job Advancement Coins (obtained via special events), which will take priority over the meso cost.
Features and Rules
- Players must be an Explorer, at least level 101 and have made the 4th job advancement.
- One can only change jobs once a day.
- One can only change jobs in their specific class (e.g. a Bishop can switch to a Magician (Fire, Poison) or a Magician (Ice, Lightning), but a Bishop cannot switch to a Corsair).
- All Skill Points are reset upon switching.
- Mastery Books used before switching will be reset.
- V Skills (Skill Nodes and Boost Nodes specific to that class) will be locked and unable to be used, but they will not be removed.
- After switching classes, a Level 100 weapon box for that class is received.
|Characters and Skills|
|Job and Skills (Click on icon for skills)|
Beginner Link Skills
|Child of God|