Jett is a special branch of the Explorer Pirate class, much like Cannoneer. She was first released in Global MapleStory in the MapleStory: Renegades update. She uses a Gun as her primary weapon and a Fist as a secondary weapon.
Originally a famed bounty hunter on the planet Cerberus, she was framed for killing the king of her planet. She escaped and crash landed on the Maple World. Recovering from the crash, she learns that her source of power, a gem named the Core, has been stolen by Burke, her former partner. Now she pursues Burke to find the Core and to regain her honor.
“Our dearest king has been assassinated by the scoundrel Jett! The former bounty hunter has been proven to be an enemy of the state with this heinous act. Jett must be subdued and brought to justice!”
- ― Unknown
Formerly a bounty hunter of planet Cerberus, she was accused of a serious crime. Although angry at the person who blamed the crime on her, she quickly decides to leave the planet. With the help of her partner, Burke, they command a space shuttle. However, the shuttle is quickly pursued and attacked.
The attack had ruptured the ship's photon lines and forced open a backlash wormhole, transporting it back in time to Maple World, as it crash lands near the Nautilus. When Jett regains consciousness, she realizes that her partner and the Core, the source of her power, is missing.
Wandering around, Jett finds Burke, only the latter to betray her, revealing that he hated being in her shadow; this hints he had murdered the king and framed her. Jett says that the Core won't be of any use to Burke as it is a hereditary item (meaning only Jett's family can utilize its powers); Burke doesn't care, for he wants to be at least equal or more powerful than Jett. He attacks her and causes her to pass out.
Jett is rescued by Black Bark and Kyrin, and is taken aboard the Nautilus; Black Bark reveals that a fragment of the Core broke off. Jett is then recruited by the Pirates (although Kyrin seems more interested in the advanced technology of Jett's airship due to her pirate nature). From then on, Jett pursues her former comrade for payback.
1st Job Advancement
2nd Job Advancement
At Level 30, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Kyrin, who will warp Jett to a special room of the Nautilus. Talk to Thunderhammer and accept his quest to be warped into a special map and eliminate the Burly Swashbuckler Macks to obtain 30 Blue Ores. Give them to Thunderhammer to receive the 2nd Job Advancement.
3rd Job Advancement
At Level 60, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Thunderhammer, who will send Jett to a special map. Eliminate the Furnace Ferrets to obtain 30 Fire Ores. Give them to Thunderhammer to receive the 3rd Job Advancement.
4th Job Advancement
Before starting the 4th Job Advancement, players must complete Jett's questline, including Secret Alchemy Request. At Level 100, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Bart, delivering a message from Burke. You will meet with Burke in the cave where you met him previously. Eliminate the Black Wing Henchman summoned by Baroq and you will be teleported to Leafre. Head over to the Steep Hill and press Up on a secret portal to receive the 4th Job Advancement.
5th Job Advancement
For information on the 5th Job Advancement, visit this page.
- This is the first time where another world besides Maple World was mentioned. Although Versal has been mentioned in NPCs in Masteria, it has been claimed as another world and an alternate dimension.
- This is the only Explorer Pirate class that does not have the Nautilus Strike skill. However, Starfall quite fills the role of a Full-map Attack with relatively long cooldown, in a similar manner to Nautilus Strike.
- This is the only class (besided Zero) that requires the player to do some of his quests in order to Job Advance.
- Jett is the only unavailable permanent character in TMS, which only contained an instance dungeon beginning from 2014.10.29(GMT+8:00) for all players whose level was higher than 33. In this instance dungeon, players could choose a character from Jett and Zen to solve the mission, getting Cerberus-Coins to collect special damage fonts, etc. The dungeon has been closed in V197 on 2017.04.01(GMT+8:00).
- However, there used to be a skill that aesthetically converted Zen into Jett in TMS, and back. The reason it's possible is Jett is actually a palette swap of Zen.
- Jett and Zen do not require ammunition to use gun-related skills, in contrast to the Corsair Pirate path.
- http://maplestory.nexon.net/game/classes-and-jobs/3392/jett. GlobalMS. Retrieved 08 June 2016.
|Job and Skills|
|Child of God|