|This article or section requires cleanup to meet MapleWiki's quality standards. You can help MapleWiki by improving it. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page.|
Equipment with upgrade slots available can be upgraded with scrolls or Spell Traces to greatly increase the stats that piece of equipment has, both methods uses up an upgrade slot each time. Also, higher leveled equipment tend to have more upgrade slots available to it.
Scrolls can be found in a multitude of ways. The player can buy them from some NPCs, they can drop from monsters, the player can earn them as rewards for quests, buy them from other players, or even get some ultra powerful, limited availability scrolls from events! Each scroll will only work on one type of equipment, for instance Scroll for Two-Handed Sword for ATT 50% will only work on a two handed sword. It will not work on a one handed sword, or a two handed mace. In general, the lower the success rate of the scroll, the higher the stat gains it will yield, but this is not always the case. When using a scroll, it is removed from the player's inventory regardless of whether it was successful or not. Be careful, some scrolls will destroy the player's item if they fail!
Spell Traces are a new scrolling system introduced to MapleStory in the Rising Heroes: Elite update in June 2014. They can drop from monsters, be bought from a variety of NPC shops in Maple World, are freely tradeable with other player, and are sometimes given out as event rewards. Spell traces were introduced as a way to simplify the scrolling process. They are generic, and the same spell traces can be used to scroll any piece of equipment. The stat gains that are available from scrolling will change depending on what item the player is trying to scroll with spell traces.
Spell traces come with 100/70/30% options for success. The lower the success rate, the higher the stat gains will be, and the more spell traces that are required per attempt. Spell traces for weapons also come with a 15% success option in addition to those listed above.
Unlike regular scrolls and Spell Traces, Chaos Scrolls give random stat boosts to the player's equipment. But be careful, Chaos Scrolls can sometimes decrease the power of the player's equipment.
- Chaos Scroll - If it succeeds, it will randomly change all of the stats on the player's weapon from -5 to +5
- Incredible Chaos Scroll - A more powerful version of the chaos scroll, if successful it will randomly change all of the stats on the player's weapon from -7 to +7
- Chaos Scroll of Goodness - A chaos scroll that is guaranteed to make the player's item more powerful! If successful, It will randomly change all of the stats on the player's item by 0 to +5
- Incredible Chaos Scroll of Goodness - One of the most powerful scrolls in the game, if successful it will randomly chance all of the stats on the player's item by 0 to +7
Chaos Scrolls cannot add Attack or Magic attack to a piece of equipment that does not already have it. But if the player use a different scroll to first add at least 1 attack or magic attack to the item, a Chaos scroll and all of its equivalents will add (or take away) attack to that item. Using chaos scrolls, it is possible to get very high attack or magic attack on equipment that would otherwise not have it.
In addition to the regular upgrade slots available to equipment, the player can apply two Vicious Hammers to each piece of equipment. A vicious hammer will add an additional upgrade slot to the player's weapon.
When using either a scroll or spell traces, the player's equipment will lose 1 available upgrade slot regardless of whether the attempt was successful or not. The only way to regain these lot slots are through Clean Slate scrolls and Innocence scrolls. A piece of equipment can be Star Force enhanced when it has no more upgrade slots available, however if the player use a clean slate scroll to recover a failed upgrade slot the player must use that before the player can continue enhancing the player's equipment.
Guide to increasing item enhancement chance
- Lucky Day Scroll - These scrolls are extremely rare in the game. When they are used on an item, they increase the chance of success of the player's next scroll, or spell trace attempt, by 10%. It can make quite a difference when scrolling the player's gear. Due to their rarity, they are not always available to use. Be on the lookout and take advantage of them when the player can!
- Spell Trace Fever - A semi annual event in MapleStory, Spell Trace Fever will increase the success rate of all spell traces by a set amount. Spell traces usually have 100/70/30/15% success rate, but during spell trace fever the success rates are upped to 100/90/50/25%. Spell trace fever also stacks with Lucky Day scrolls! Be sure to take advantage of this event when it comes to the game.
- Shielding Ward - These scrolls, sold in the Cash Shop, protect the player's equipment from being destroyed if a scroll fails. Shielding wards are used up whether the scroll succeeded or failed and only apply to the next scroll used. Superior Shielding Wards are required for superior equipment, regular Shielding Wards will not protect superior equipment.
- Protection Scroll - These have the same effect as Shielding Wards, however they are available through regular gameplay. Like regular Shielding Wards, protection scrolls will not protect superior equipment from being destroyed. The player cannot use Protection Scrolls on Equipment with more than 12 stars.
- Guardian Scroll - These scrolls, sold in the Cash Shop, protect the player's scroll from being used up if it fails. Guardian Scrolls will be used up regardless of whether or not the next scroll succeeds, so they are generally reserved for the rarest of scrolls.
- Clean Slate Scrolls - Available in 1/3/5/10/20% success rates, Clean Slate scrolls restore a failed upgrade slot to a piece of equipment if it succeeds. Crucial to fully scrolling a piece of equipment, Clean Slate Scrolls are readily available through the Elite Boss system in the game, as well as other content such as Ursus.
- Innocence/Perfect Innocence Scroll - These scrolls, available through in game events and sold in the Cash Shop, completely reset a piece of equipment to base stats. They restore all upgrade slots, remove all Vicious Hammers used, reset scrolled stats to 0, and remove all enhancements from a piece of gear. Usually these are used when the player decide it is time to upgrade the player's equipment without replacing it. Note that these will not reset Potentials or boss souls.
- Shield Scrolls - These work like preemptive clean slate scrolls. If one is used on a piece of equipment, it keeps the upgrade count from falling if the next scroll or spell trace used is unsuccessful. They can make scrolling the player's equipment much less painful, but they are only available through the Cash Shop.
- Return Scrolls - Only usable with Chaos scrolls, these are sold in the Cash Shop. If used on an item before using a chaos scroll, it will allow the player to decide whether the player want to keep the stats from the chaos scroll or not. These are the easiest and most effective way to guarantee maximum stat gains from chaos scrolls, however this method can be very expensive.
Star Force Enhancement
A piece of equipment can be enhanced with Star Force after all of its upgrade slots have been filled by paying a sum of mesos. Enhancing equipment further increases some stats on that equipment. A piece of equipment that is fully scrolled and fully enhanced can become very powerful.
For most players, enhancing their gear is the second step in upgrading their gear. If the player uses Star Force and fail to add a star to a piece of equipment twice in a row then the player enter Chance Time! Chance Time guarantees that the player's next star force attempt on that item will work.
Be on the lookout for superior equipment in the game. These rare pieces of equipment gain massive stats from enhancing, turning it into some of the most powerful gear in the game!
Unlike scrolling where the player can choose different scrolls or spell trace options, enhancing always adds a pre-set amount of stats to the player's item. The stats affected and the amount they are increased are based on both the type of equip the player is enhancing and how many times it has been enhanced already. Fully enhancing the player's weapon is one of the most efficient ways to gain more attack or magic attack. Each enhancement made to a piece of equipment will add a star above its name.
|This article is a stub. You can help out by expanding it.|
|This article is a stub. You can help out by expanding it.|
- Main article: Soul Weapon
Souls can be applied to a weapon and gain stats.
- Item Enhancement - Maple Guide. GlobalMS. Retrieved 27 March 2021.
|Character Dev.||Experience • Familiars • Item Enhancement (Soul Weapon) • Legion System • |
Link Skill • Marriage • Stats (Hyper Stats) • Professions • Traits • V Matrix
|Economy||Auction House • Cash Shop • Currency • |
|Etc||Item Pot • Maple Achievement • Monster Collection • |
Maple Guide • Monster Life • Music • NPC • Quest