Each player will have an individual "fail" counter of 5 contains of 5 green skulls. Once the player gets hits by certain attacks, they will turn one green skull into a pink, means that "skull" is in danger. A player can lose his fail counts by dying or by getting caught by an attack that removes pink skulls, and once a player uses up their lives or all their death count skills turn pink, they will remain dead until either Hilla is dead or everyone else loses their lives.
All potions and healing skills are disabled throughout the fight.
Players can stand on top of the altar/tombstone with pink candles which randomly appears and mash NPC Chat key for a short amount of time without being interrupted to recover health and recover death counts by turning the pink (endangered) skulls into green.
A minimum of 900 Arcane Force is needed for Hard mode (post-Expedition).
Some of her attacks include:
- Hands will appear frequently upon the player. They have two different attacks:
- Strings will come down and hit you throughout the fight. While dealing very little damage, getting hit by these strings will turn one of your skulls into pink.
- A hand may drop several floating pieces that will descend into the floor, dealing little damage but can turn one of your fail count pink.
- Poison Scythe Attack: Turns one of your death count skulls pink.
- Purple Spikes: Hilla will raise a row of purple, giant spikes from the ground in different sizes. The large ones deals 50% HP damage.
- Hilla will summon a couple of mobs from the Labyrinth (침묵의 암살자 and 침묵의 암살자), touching these mobs may turn one of your fail counts into pink.
- After 50% health, Hilla summons Damien (preserving his 2nd phase appearance) and Lotus (preserving his runaway (3rd) phase appearance) with preinstalled skillsets used in their prior fights:
- Lotus will use the Super Knockback attack that he used to have phase 2 and 3.
- Damien will use his Charge Attack and his Dive Attack, that he used to have in phase 2.
- Doom Scythe Attack - At certain points, Hilla will unleash her ultimate attack: The screen will turn red and a animation of her waving the scythe upon the players will appear, and while this attack does not deal HP damage at all, it REMOVES EVERY FAIL COUNT THAT THE PLAYER HAVE IF IT'S PINK. It is clear that if the player happens to have all of his skulls pink, he will immediately be kicked out of the fight. However, if you happened to cleanse the pink skulls by using the altar, the attack will have no effect at all.
- Also, when being damaged, Verus Hilla is seen to heal herself for a little at the same time.
Labyrinth of Suffering
|Verus Hilla (Boss)|
Ambition EXP: 385
Weapon Points: 300
|Physical Defense||600||PDR||300%||Magic Defense||450||MDR||300%|
|Equipment Drops||Source of Suffering|
- In MapleSEA, her name is Heretic Hilla.
- ↑ Estimated, may not be 100% accurate