Gloom is the final boss of Moonbridge, the seventh area of Arcane River and the first area of Tenebris. It can be fought on Normal mode and Chaos mode. 730 Arcane Force/Power (ARC) is needed to deal normal damage during the battle. As such, you deal 10% more damage if your ARC is 803-948, 30% more damage if your ARC is at 949-1094, and 50% more damage if your ARC is at 1095 or more (note that ARC is only available in increments of 5). You must be in a party of 1-6 players in order to fight it, and each player will have a Death Count of 5; if all players reach 0, then the battle will end and everyone will be kicked out. The battle has a time limit of 30 minutes.
- Meteors / Thought Fragments: Throughout the battle, meteors will fall from the sky and deal 30% HP damage, while also inflicting one of three abnormal statuses:
- The red meteors will inflict Blind, reducing your accuracy and causing you to miss.
- The purple meteors will inflict Stun.
- The magenta meteors will inflict Zombify.
- Tentacle Shield: Throughout the battle, Gloom will cover its eye with two large tentacles, during which you will deal 10% of your normal damage. While the Tentacle Shield is up, Gloom can use additional tentacles to attack you (indicated by a flashing red light), dealing 65% HP damage in Normal mode and 99% HP damage in Chaos mode.
- Main Tentacle Attack: Every 55 seconds (affected by server lag), Gloom will attempt to impale you with the tentacles covering its eye, during which it will strike with both tentacles in an X shape, with one appearing at a higher trajectory than the other. The only way to dodge them is to high jump or duck in the far left / right corner. These tentacles will deal 115% HP damage in Normal mode and 300% HP damage in Chaos mode. When Gloom uses this attack, these tentacles can be used as platforms to stand on to avoid the other tentacle and to attack the eye, which will now receive full damage.
- Vertical Laser: After approximately 20 seconds of the second Main Tentacle attacking, the tentacles retreat and the eye will fire a laser vertically below, pulling players toward the center and dealing 300% HP damage on the initial hit, along with an additional 300% HP damage every 0.5 seconds, for a total of 5 seconds. It is important to dodge the meteors during this phase, especially the ones capable of stun. Once this attack is complete, the eye will be covered by its Tentacle Shield once more. Gloom performs this set of attacks (Platforms, retracting tentacles, and Vertical Laser) every 55 seconds, lasting a total of 36 seconds, and every 3rd time Gloom uses this set of attacks, Gloom will use it again immediately after.
- Foggy Storm: Gloom will sometimes create several small tornadoes on the ground, dealing 35% HP damage in Normal mode and 55% HP damage in Chaos mode.
- Fear Gauge: Each player will have their own Fear Gauge which will rise over time, filling up faster as you take damage. Once the gauge is filled, you (and only you) will be under a state of Fear, blocking your vision, with the rest of the screen turning black as various illusion monsters appear. The gauge depletes slowly over time (faster as you kill the monsters, but it will not deplete if you die). Once the gauge is depleted, your vision will return to normal and all the hallucination monsters will die. Any players that deplete their Fear Gauge without dying will receive a glowing yellow effect, reducing the Fear Gauge of nearby party members. However, any players that die under a state of Fear will receive a grey aura, increasing the Fear Gauge of nearby party members.
- Monstrous Illusion: a flying mob with 10 billion HP in Normal mode and 30 billion HP in Chaos mode. When they attack, they can inflict Reverse Key while dealing 5% HP damage in Normal mode and 15% HP damage in Chaos mode.
- Terrible Grasp: a stationary mob with 30 billion HP in Normal mode and 2 billion HP in Chaos mode (though invincible and cannot be killed). When they attack, they can inflict Petrify while dealing 10% HP damage in Normal mode and 20% HP damage in Chaos mode.
Finally, black flames that cannot be attacked will attack periodically, inflicting Seal while dealing 30% HP damage in Normal mode and 50% HP damage in Chaos mode.
|Giant Monster Gloom (Boss)|
|EXP||0||Additional Points||Ambition EXP: 352
Weapon Points: 300
Guild Points: 1,500
Party GP Bonus: 3,000
|Defense Rate||PDR: 300%|
|Locations||Eye of the Void|
|Weakened Gloom (Boss)|
|Defense Rate||PDR: 30%|
|Locations||Eye of the Void|
- Estimated, may not be 100% accurate