Explorer Warriors are the first Explorer and overall character classification (class) introduced to MapleStory. Explorer Warriors deliver attacks with brutal efficiency and raw strength. Explorer Warriors can wield the widest variety of weapons based on their choice, from swords and axes to spears and polearms.
Three types of Explorer Warriors exist: Hero, Paladin, and Dark Knight. Hero can choose to wield a Sword (One-Handed / Two-Handed) or an Axe (One-Handed / Two-Handed) and focuses on gaining Combo orbs, boosting their damage and allowing for use of special attacks to debuff their enemies. Paladin can choose to wield a Sword (One-Handed / Two-Handed) or an Mace (One-Handed / Two-Handed) and uses Elemental properties to boost their attacks and reduce damage taken from enemies. Dark Knight can choose to wield a Spear or a Polearm and can fight alongside the Evil Eye, a spirit of darkness that supports allies and pushes the Dark Knight's power to its limits.
When the player reaches Level 10 as a Beginner, aspiring Warriors will be sent to the Warriors' Sanctuary in Perion to talk to Dances with Balrog, who will advance the player to a Swordsman. The player will be given an HP and MP boost, as well as a basic warrior weapon.
The Open Advancement system was introduced during Part 1 of the RED update. It allows Explorers to switch jobs in their class by paying a certain amount of mesos, which increases based on your character's level as well as the number of times you have previously used the Open Advancement system; as an alternative, players can use Job Advancement Coins (obtained via special events), which will take priority over the meso cost.
Features and Rules
- Players must be an Explorer, at least level 101 and have made the 4th job advancement.
- One can only change jobs once a day.
- One can only change jobs in their specific class (e.g. a Hero can switch to a Paladin or a Dark Knight, but a Hero cannot switch to a Night Lord).
- All Skill Points are reset upon switching.
- Mastery Books used before switching will be reset.
- V Skills (Skill Nodes and Boost Nodes specific to that class) will be locked and unable to be used, but they will not be removed.
- After switching classes, a Level 100 weapon box for that class is received.
|Job and Skills|
|Child of God|