Explorer Thieves are the fourth Explorer and overall character classification (class) introduced to MapleStory. Explorer Thieves can attack from afar or up close depending on their weapon of choice. They regularly use their natural agility to navigate the area to gain the upper hand.
Three types of Explorer Thieves exist: Night Lord, Shadower, and the Special Explorer Dual Blade. Night Lord wields a Claw and can toss Throwing Stars at enemies from afar. Shadower wields a Dagger and attack enemies up close, and can utilize a special Body Count system to gain extra attack power or deal extra damage on single enemies. Dual Blade uses a Dagger in one hand and a Katara in the other to attack enemies up close and slice through enemies with ease.
When the player reaches Level 10 as a Beginner, aspiring Thieves (excluding Dual Blades) will be sent to the Hideout in Kerning City to talk to the Dark Lord, who will advance the player to a Rogue. The player will be given an HP and MP boost, as well as a basic thief weapon. Dual Blade, unlike the other two, is created separately and has a separate tutorial and job advancements.
The Open Advancement system was introduced during Part 1 of the RED update. It allows Explorers to switch jobs in their class by paying a certain amount of mesos, which increases based on your character's level as well as the number of times you have previously used the Open Advancement system; as an alternative, players can use Job Advancement Coins (obtained via special events), which will take priority over the meso cost.
Features and Rules
- Players must be an Explorer, at least level 101 and have made the 4th job advancement.
- One can only change jobs once a day.
- One can only change jobs in their specific class (e.g. a Dual Blade can switch to a Night Lord or a Shadower, but a Dual Blade cannot switch to a Bowmaster).
- All Skill Points are reset upon switching.
- Mastery Books used before switching will be reset.
- V Skills (Skill Nodes and Boost Nodes specific to that class) will be locked and unable to be used, but they will not be removed.
- After switching classes, a Level 100 weapon box for that class is received.
|Job and Skills|
|Child of God|