Dark Knight is a branch of the Explorer Warrior class. Upon reaching Level 30, an Explorer Warrior can become a Dark Knight by choosing to become a Spearman after completing the 2nd Job Advancement at Level 30. Their second job is Spearman, their third job is Berserker, and their fourth job is Dark Knight.
The Dark Knight can choose to wield a Spear or a Polearm, and uses powers of to heal themselves while attacking. Their job specialty skill is Evil Eye, a spirit of darkness that supports allies and pushes the Dark Knight's power to its limits. Later on, the dark spirit can be absorbed to give a boost to damage, as well as to allow the Gungnir's Descent attack to be used without a cooldown. They also can do this with the skill Final Pact, which can be activated when their HP reaches 0. However, the skill has a 10 minute cooldown, and if they do not eliminate 30 monsters or attack a boss 30 times within the time limit, the cooldown will be increased by an additional 5 minutes.
1st Job Advancement
When the player reaches Level 10 as a Beginner, aspiring Warriors will be sent to the Warriors' Sanctuary in Perion to talk to Dances with Balrog, who will advance the player to a Swordsman. The player will be given an HP and MP boost, as well as a basic warrior weapon.
2nd Job Advancement
After saving Maple Island with the help of a Mysterious Voice, the player will reach Level 30 and talk to Athena Pierce, who will send the player back to the Warriors' Sanctuary to talk with Dances with Balrog. He will allow the player to choose to advance to either a Fighter, Page, or Spearman; a player that desires to become a Dark Knight will want to advance to a Spearman. After talking with Dances with Balrog again, he will then advance the player from a Swordman to a Spearman.
3rd Job Advancement
At Level 60, the player will receive a lightbulb above their head. Talk to Camila in Henesys, who will then send the player to Six Path Crossway, where Rondo will be. After knocking his hat off, go to the bottom of the Six Path Crossway and grab the Old Wisconsin hat. Return to Rondo, and use the Interdimensional Portal to travel to Pantheon and talk to Cartalion. Rondo will inquire about finding other Anima like him, and Cartalion will warn not to travel past Pantheon's borders due to the Specter Invasion, sending the player and Rondo to the East Pantheon Border. After defeating 50 Specters, Rondo will give up and thank the player for trying to help.
After talking to Rondo, the player will be given words of encouragement from the Mysterious Voice, granting a new kind of power. The player will be prompted to return to Dances with Balrog once again, who will teleport the player to the Chief's Residence in El Nath to speak with Tylus. He will then advance the player from a Spearman to a Berserker.
4th Job Advancement
At Level 100, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Athena Pierce, asking the Explorers to check on the various towns in Victoria Island. The player first plans to go to Perion and Ellinia, but Tess offers to travel there in exchange for the player traveling to the Nautilus. The player talks to Kyrin, who mentions meeting Tess and finding him suspiciously more advanced than other Explorers, while also feeling a strange cloudy energy from him that weakened her.
The player confronts Tess, who reveals that he's secretly Kyrin's older brother. He explains that centuries ago, his father Destonen encountered a follower of the Black Mage named Kirston, who placed a curse on his family's bloodline that would only disappear when the Black Mage was killed. After Destonen explained the curse to Athena Pierce and Tess, he died shortly after and the curse passed on to Tess and Kyrin, causing them to both become weak whenever they were in close proximity. Tess, realizing the danger, decided to leave Ellin Forest and not formally introduce himself to Kyrin until Black Mage was defeated.
After talking to Tess, the player will be given more words of encouragement from the Mysterious Voice, granting a new kind of power. The player will be prompted to return to Tylus once again, who will teleport the player to the Forest of the Priest in Leafre to speak with Harmonia. She will then advance the player from a Berserker to a Dark Knight.
5th Job Advancement
For information on the 5th Job Advancement, visit this page.
- Until RED patch, Dark Knight's 3rd job was called Dragon Knight, and it had a lot of dragon-like skills and aesthetics. It is the only Explorer class who got a name change for one of its sub-jobs.
- While the reasons remain unknown, the name might've changed to prevent confusion with Kaiser, which is also a dragon-themed class.
- Some aspects of this class are based upon Norse mythology and probably on popular Anime.
- Gungnir was the mythical spear of the god Odin, head of the Norse gods.
- Berserkers were Norse warriors which were dedicated to serve Odin and were said to have fought in a trance-like fury.
- One of his pre-RED 4th job skills was also named "Berserk".
- His 5th job skill, Spear of Darkness, is probably based upon Gáe Bolg from Fate: Stay Night anime. In real life, Gáe Bulg is a mythical spear from the Irish mythology with a very similar backstory to the one of Gungnir.
- His signature summon, Evil Eye, is based upon the Beholder, the one-eyed monster from Dungeons and Dragons. In GMS, this skill's name was changed from Beholder to Evil Eye during RED patch, however it still retains its name in most overseas versions including KMS.
|Characters and Skills|
|Job and Skills (Click on icon for skills)|
Beginner Link Skills
|Child of God|