Dark Knight is a branch of the Explorer Warrior class. Upon reaching Level 30, an Explorer Warrior can become a Dark Knight by choosing to become a Spearman after completing the 2nd Job Advancement at Level 30. Their second job is Spearman, their third job is Berserker, and their fourth job is Dark Knight.
The Dark Knight can choose to wield a Spear or a Polearm, and uses powers of to heal themselves while attacking. Their job specialty skill is Evil Eye, a spirit of darkness that supports allies and pushes the Dark Knight's power to its limits. Later on, the dark spirit can be absorbed to give a boost to damage, as well as to allow the Gungnir's Descent attack to be used without a cooldown. They also can do this with the skill Final Pact, which can be activated when their HP reaches 0. However, the skill has a 10 minute cooldown, and if they do not eliminate 30 monsters or attack a boss 30 times within the time limit, the cooldown will be increased by an additional 5 minutes.
1st Job Advancement
When the player reaches Level 10 as a Beginner, aspiring Warriors will be sent to the Warriors' Sanctuary in Perion to talk to Dances with Balrog, who will advance the player to a Swordsman. The player will be given an HP and MP boost, as well as a basic warrior weapon.
2nd Job Advancement
At Level 30, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Dances with Balrog, who will send the player back to the Warriors' Sanctuary. He will allow the player to choose to advance to either a Fighter, Page, or Spearman; a player that desires to become a Dark Knight will want to advance to a Spearman. Dances with Balrog will send the player to a special map to collect 30 Dark Marbles from the Skeledogs inside. Upon returning, he will advance you to a Spearman.
3rd Job Advancement
At Level 60, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Dances with Balrog once again, who will teleport the player to the Chief's Residence in El Nath to speak with Tylus. He will teleport the player to the Dead Mine's Holy Ground at the Snowfield, where the player must click on the Holy Stone at the bottom of the map to enter another dimension. Once there, walk to the right portal to enter the Dimensional World and defeat Dances with Balrog's Clone inside to obtain the Black Charm. Return to Tylus with the quest item in hand to advance from a Spearman to a Berserker.
4th Job Advancement
At Level 100, the player will receive a lightbulb on the side from Tylus. After speaking to him, the player must head to Leafre and venture to the Forest of the Priest, which can be accessed by walking to Valley of the Antelope 1 and entering the portal on the top right (indicated by a wooden face-like structure) to meet Harmonia. She will give the player the task to obtain the Heroic Pentagon from Manon, Herald of Heroes and the Heroic Star from Griffey Herald of Heroes. Return to Harmonia and speak to her again to advance from a Berserker to a Dark Knight.
5th Job Advancement
For information on the 5th Job Advancement, visit this page.
- Until RED patch, Dark Knight's 3rd job was called Dragon Knight, and it had a lot of dragon-like skills and aesthetics. It is the only Explorer class who got a name change for one of its sub-jobs.
- While the reasons remain unknown, the name might've changed to prevent confusion with Kaiser, which is also a dragon-themed class.
- Some aspects of this class are based upon Norse mythology and probably on popular Anime.
- Gungnir was the mythical spear of the god Odin, head of the Norse gods.
- Berserkers were Norse warriors which were dedicated to serve Odin and were said to have fought in a trance-like fury.
- One of his pre-RED 4th job skills was also named "Berserk".
- His 5th job skill, Spear of Darkness, is probably based upon Gáe Bolg from Fate: Stay Night anime. In real life, Gáe Bulg is a mythical spear from the Irish mythology with a very similar backstory to the one of Gungnir.
- His signature summon, Evil Eye, is based upon the Beholder, the one-eyed monster from Dungeons and Dragons. In GMS, this skill's name was changed from Beholder to Evil Eye during RED patch, however it still retains its name in most overseas versions including KMS.
|Characters and Skills|
|Job and Skills (Click on icon for skills)|
Beginner Link Skills
|Child of God|